Monday, June 08, 2015

Connecting with the Audience

I am so honoured to have been able to share my most recent film, '-1287' (WEBSITE) at the 2015 Nippon Connection Film Festival in Germany this week (INFO).  This festival is close to my heart; after receiving the Nippon Visions Award here in 2013 for my film 'A2-B-C' (STORY), not only did the life of the film, but my life changed, and in ways for which I will be forever grateful.

This year, I was absolutely floored to receive the Nippon Vision Audience Award for the Best Feature Film.  While receiving awards from a jury of one's peers is an immense honour, to receive an award from the voting cinema-goers is absolutely humbling, and I am truly grateful.

「ニッポン・ヴィジョンズ観客賞 2015『-1287』 イアン・トーマス・アッシュ監督」






Its been an amazing experience to attend the 2015 Nippon Connection this week, and  am so thrilled I could share it with my dad.  Here are some of the highlights:

arriving at the festival

with Domo-kun
Group photo

celebrating at the closing party

What exactly this award will mean for '-1287', only time will tell.  This film has not yet been screened in Japan, and more than one Japanese guest in attendance went out of their way to tell me how difficult they thought it would be to screen it back home.  It would seem that both my films and me are always on the edge.  My gratitude to all of you for being my parachute through your continued support and encouragement.

Much Peace and Gratitude,
Ian
Frankfurt, Germany

No comments: