Friday, July 12, 2013

Reflection

I am about to embark on a journey, though I do not yet know where I am going.

To mark this occasion, I asked my friend, filmmaker and photographer Adrian Storey, to take my portrait (Adrian's blog at Uchujin Films HERE).  

© Uchujin Adrian Storey 2013

While there may never be a "getting there", it is perhaps being open to the arrival of the journey itself that is in essence the "arrival"; for I believe that it is the journey to which we are called, not the destination.

May we all be open to the journeys that are presented to us in life, even those, no especially those, that lead us to places unknown.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Amen. Nicely said, it is the journey and all it reveals that is the path we all should trek.

Ian Thomas Ash said...

Thank you, Pat! Yes, Amen indeed. Much love and peace to you all, Ian

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ian!!! Much love and respect for all you have accomplished!!!! I wish you luck and great health and continued success! Been too long! Love to you....Melissa Soluri

Ian Thomas Ash said...

Melissa,
Thank you so much for your kind words of support! I hope you are well. Much peace, Ian