Saturday, July 20, 2013

Social Studies

I was a relatively late bloomer when it came to social media; although I have had a blog for a few years, it wasn't until the March 11, 2011 disaster that I began to use YouTube and Twitter.  Still, I had resisted getting a Facebook page, worried that I might lose any remaining sense of privacy that I still had.

I finally broke down last year and established a Documenting Facebook page, although it remained largely untouched for the better part of a year as I struggled with balancing the time it would take to learn how to effectively use this new social media platform while making a new film.

Now that I have just confirmed the sixth (6th) screening of 'A2-B-C' in an international film festival *** that will take place over the next couple of months, I think it is the perfect time to start using the DocumentingIan Facebook as a place to offer up-to-date screening information and news about my work.  A link to the page can be found by clicking the picture below.  Please be sure to "Like" the page in order to receive news and updates.


***  Yes, you heard it here first:  thanks to all of your support and encouragement, 'A2-B-C' will be screened in at least 6 more international film festivals over the next couple of months!  Publication of acceptance into these festivals is under press embargo until the official announcements of the lineup of films are released, so unfortunately I can't name them yet (but a couple of them are quite BIG!!!).


No comments: