Sunday, September 13, 2015

Movements

On Friday evening, my film 'A2-B-C' (WEBSITE) was screened in NYC by the Centre for Remembering and Sharing (INFO).  I had the honour of joining the post-screening discussion via Skype, from the comfort of home holding a nice, hot cup of coffee on a Saturday morning.
Also on Saturday, an article about the cancellation of 'A2-B-C' screenings in Japan was published by in the Voice of America China edition (ARTICLE).  The article was written by Louisa Sakai, who attended last weekend's screening of 'A2-B-C' (INFO), the first in Japan in 6 months.

Tomorrow evening (September 14), my film '-1287' (WEBSITE) will be screening at LA's Live Regal Cinema during the Awareness Film Festival (INFO).

On Friday, I fly to Korea for DMZ Docs, during which '-1287' will be screening twice (September 18 and 22, INFO).
From Korea, I will be conducting the post-screening Q&A for the September 26 screening of '-1287' in Holland's Camera Japan Festival (INFO).  This will be the third time to screen one of my films in this wonderful festival of Japanese film, although I have not yet been able to attend.  I look forward to attending a future edition of the festival!


From there, I will continue on to Taiwan, where '-1287' will screen in the Taiwan International Ethnographic Film Festival (TIEFF) on October 3 (INFO).  Two years ago, my film 'A2-B-C screened in this festival, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to the attend this festival for the first time.

Coming up this autumn there are several more screenings of my films around the world, and I look forward to sharing the news as soon as the official announcements are made.  Thank you all so very much for your continued support!

No comments: