Tuesday, May 14, 2019

More screenings of “The Father’s Love Begotten”, "Sending Off" and "Boys for Sale"

I have only just returned home to Japan today from an amazing experience in Holland where my short documentary “The Father’s Love Begotten”「父なる愛生せば」 received the Audience Award at the Leiden International Short Film Experience (STORY), but I am already preparing to fly out again.

In two days, I will travel to New York City to attend the North American Premier of “The Father’s Love Begotten”「父なる愛生せば」in the Harlem International Film Festival (fest website HERE).  The screening is on Saturday, May 18 at 10PM (!) and is in a block with a feature film called "Where Theo Lives", which is also about abuse. I will be participating in the post-screening Q&A, and tickets are available HERE.


After I return from New York, I will be in Japan for a few days before flying off yet again- this time to Germany for the World Premier of my new feature documentary 「おみおくり〜Sending Off〜」in the Nippon Connection, which I announced a last week (STORY), on May 31 in Frankfurt (INFO).

Meanwhile, "Boys for Sale"「売買ボーイズ」, the documentary about male sex workers in Tokyo that I produced (WEBSITE), is still enjoying limited screenings.  It will next be playing in Trier, Germany on May 27 where I will be in attendance and take part in a Q&A (INFO); it will also be playing in the The San Francisco Bay Area Sex Worker Film & Arts Festival on May 25 (details TBA).

While this is a really busy time of travel and promotion, I am especially extremely grateful for so many opportunities to screen my work.  Thank you all so very much for your support.

No comments: