Saturday, May 14, 2011

Harmony Addict

I am really new to YouTube and just created my DocumentingIan channel two months ago. I am still learning the ins and outs, dos and don'ts and exactly what is possible.

Today I received a message from a fellow YouTuber named harmonyaddict. She used footage from two of the documentary pieces I filmed in Ishinomaki (this one and this one) in her music video. She wrote to me to say that she had felt like she could better comprehend the situation through my work.

Admittedly, I didn't even know that it was possible to download and re-edit something that is on YouTube (that shows you how old school I am!), and I was a little surprised at first. But like harmonyaddict, I am trying to get the message out to as many people as possible that Japan still needs the world's help and that it is going to take years to try to get back to some kind of normalcy in the most devastated areas.

I am really grateful to harmonyaddict for using her amazing voice to help keep Japan in the spotlight, and I am really honoured to have my work used to help inspire people.

Please check out harmonyaddict's video of "Talking to the Moon".



No comments: