Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Farewell Hiroshima

I've said before that film festivals are not only about films, but they are about a time of gathering, sharing, exchanging ideas, learning, teaching and of breaking bread together.

This time in Taipei has been an amazing experience that I will cherish and from which I will continue to learn in the years to come.








Last night, my last night in Taipei, I joined a few members of the festival staff for a debriefing and a drink.  As we sat together in the booth of a pub, sharing our thoughts about all we had experienced during the past few days, something on the drink menu caught my eye:  "Farewell Hiroshima".

Farewell, indeed.  How to ensure that there is never another Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Fukushima, or another of any of the countless nuclear accidents, incidents and testing of which we should know the names and yet do not?  

The road ahead is long, but this is where it begins: with awareness, exchanging information and friendship.



And as the nearly three-month World Tour of 'A2-B-C' comes to an end and the domestic promotional tour begins,  I am ever mindful of those who have helped to make all of this possible and humbly ask for your continued support and encouragement.

With much Gratitude and in Peace,
Ian

No comments: